Coaching – Our Partnership with Wayne Cullen
3 hours of coaching (usually over three sessions) funded through Menfulness, provided by Wayne Cullen Coaching and partner coaches.
Have you ever asked yourself what life you really want to create?
This is something I asked myself about 3 years ago and it has led me here.
Life is complicated. I know, I live it too and when I started working with my first coach, I realised I was not alone and that someone could really help me. Working with a coach gave me the chance to really be heard, deeply and in a non-judgemental way. They helped me shine a light on and uncover what I really want to create.
What is this coaching thing?
If you think of professional sports men and women, they work with different people to help them develop. For example, they may work with a coach to improve their performance, work on their mental strength, or find the right balance in life to achieve the goals they have set for themselves.
Working with a life coach, is very similar. The areas we work on may be different. You might feel you could be more connected to your relationships; you might be struggling with a career move; you may feel like that you are drifting through life and want to create a new path.
Coaching is a journey of growing self-awareness; discovering and leading from the values system you want to live by. It brings into focus what you are willing to stand for; what shapes your personal leadership and what the impact of that could be on you, the work you do, the relationships you have and how you deal with life’s challenges.
Coaching will give you a safe and confidential space in which to support your own mental health, to confront challenges and doubt, to improve self-care and to sustain a sense of wellbeing, whilst also helping to clarify your purpose and sense of direction.
Coaching has been proven to help develop new positive neural networks*, helping you to respond more calmly to stress, to make clear choices more confidently, and to access much more of your creative potential. Your coach will not seek to give you advice or to ‘solve’ your problems, but will hold a safe and welcoming space, and ask powerful questions which will help you to think, to feel and to see things more clearly for yourself.
*Co-Active Coaching and the Brain by Ann Betz, CPCC (2012)
How will it work?
You can apply via Menfuless or direct through www.waynecullen.com
When applying you agree to the following:
- I will do my best to be honest, straightforward, and truthful, in the best interests of both me and my coach.
- The coach’s services are consultative, and decisions made, and actions taken are my responsibility.
- Coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and will not be used in place of any form of therapy.
- By applying for coaching, I hold the perspective that I am not ‘broken’ and therefore do not need fixing or saving.
- I will to the very best of my ability be on time for our sessions. Unless agreed with my coach beforehand, if I am more than 15 minutes late to a session, the session will still count as one of my three free sessions and will be deducted from my allocation accordingly.
- I may be asked for feedback about the service to help Menfulness ensure that future coaching opportunities meet the expectations of our members.
All coaches are qualified to International Coaching Federation standard and are required to follow the ICF guidelines.
What do I need to bring to my session?
- An open mind, curiosity, and honesty. Some also find it useful to have a notepad and pen handy.
- Before your first session please think about what you would like to explore with your coach. This could be a career decision, a personal or professional situation that is not working as you would wish, or something less specific that you sense is holding you back. Or you may wish to use the sessions to explore what is going on for you now.
I want to continue working with my coach beyond the three free sessions; is this possible?
You and your coach are welcome to continue with further sessions together if this is agreed between you and them, but any sessions beyond the initial three hours will no longer form a part of this Menfulness Coaching Offer.